Rewaco Trike Owners Club UK

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Rewaco Trike Common Accessories / Parts > Self cancelling blinker/turn signal modulator

Kym Moulds

Good gay from Down Under (Australia)

I have a white RF1-LT3.  The blinker/turn signal unit is not self cxancelling and more times than not I forget that I;ve activatled it.  Has anyone successfully installed a Self Cancelling module to cancel the blinkers after a certain period of time?  If so can you provide details of make and model?

Many thanks

Cheers Kym 

--

Cheers Kym
November 15, 2013 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jack

Hi, never seen self cancelling blinkers mate, but I have fitted a warning buzzer that let`s you know they are still on it`s loud 110db, can be bought off Ebay for a very reasonable price, just fitted one to my RF1-LT2 R. after removing the dummy tank it take`s less than 10mins 3 wires that's all, hope this help`s. Jack.

November 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kym Moulds

Thanks for the reply Jack

--

Cheers Kym
August 24, 2016 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Max

Hi Kym, just read your post on self cancelling indicators.

I have a Kawasaki Voyager ZN1300 from the 80’s which has them fitted.. So they do exist. But that relies on a pulse from the speedo sensor to work. This got me thinking about the problem as I tend to leave the indicators on, on my HS5.

As I’ve been into electronics all my life, this should not be a problem to make some thing up. I’ve designed a simple circuit that fits in between your indicator switch and the indicators plus I’ve included a hazard switch input. If required.

I’ve not built the unit yet as I’m out the country until next March.(Spending the winter in Thailand). But I have tested the design on the computer to see if it works and it does.

The indicators work for around 10 seconds then stop. (This time can be adjusted)

It will work with LED & normal bulbs up to 10Amp load each side. It should work with any vehicle with a negative ground.

I thought about fitting a bleeper like Jack has but that would be annoying.

If anyone wants to have a go at building it themselves then I’ll post the circuit diagram. Otherwise you will have to wait until I get back home. If anyone is interested in one let me know. I can always make a small batch as I’m going to make one for myself anyway,

I've just found this firm on the net doing self cancelling modules. http://signaldynamics.com/

Maybe that will be quicker.

Regards Max

--

November 14, 2016 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kym Moulds

Thanks Max.

--

Cheers Kym
June 20, 2018 at 2:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike

Hi there, I had a 2008 Hd softail that had them, not sure they worked

June 25, 2018 at 4:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply